Transplant Patient Summit is Now the Transplant Community Summit
As a result of feedback we received during the initial Transplant Summit 2017, we have been working on strategies, both long and short term, to engage the transplant community. Since then, we have implemented a Transplant Community
Advisory Council (TCAC), consisting of transplant recipients, a candidate, living donors, and caregivers. The TCAC will serve as guidance to the board, providing the imperative insight of the community perspective and offer suggestions on important matters including advocacy and community engagement efforts. Additionally, we have invited community members to serve on the task force that serves as the driving force of Transplant Community Summit event planning and future community engagement programming.
2017 Summit Highlights
- View the talk shared by the Washington State Congressional Representative, the Honorable, Jaime Herrera Beutler: https://youtu.be/runqcWkCrY8?
- View the heartfelt closing speech from AST President, Dr. Ronald Gill: https://youtu.be/runqcWkCrY8?t
- View the 2017 Transplant Patient Summit archives
What can we do now?
Get out there and advocate! We've put together some information below to help you get started. Be sure to tune back regularly to check-out updates.
- Check out our Advocacy 101 documents
- Learn about what AST has been up to on Capitol Hill with our Washington Round-up
- Learn about AST position statements on current legislation
- Contact your representatives
Be sure to check back with us regularly for updates, including TCS 2018 and an exciting partnership announcement!
Get the latest from Power2Save. Sign up for our newsletter.
If you have any questions, ideas, or would like to see additional information posted, please contact AST's Community Engagement Program Manager, Mrs. Rae Massi, by email (rmassi@myAST.org) or by phone (856-642-4404).