Transplant Community Summit
The AST is pleased with the successful partnership with the Transplant Games of America (TGA) and were thankful to bring the 2018 Transplant Community Summit to the TGA attendees. In this exciting partnership, we were able to bring AST professional expertise to the Games while putting AST's Power2Save on the map as a community resource.
We presented the following topics to attendees over a span of three days of the Games:
- One Transplant for Life - The Latest in Transplant Research: What are we doing research for and why? Key research target areas, where they are and where they're going. Watch the video
- Fight for your Right - Transplant Advocacy 101: Hear an overview of important transplant-related issues currently facing our government, and get trained on how to be an effective advocate. Watch the video
- Healthy Living with a Transplant: We'll discuss topics for eating and drinking, having pets, traveling, sports, gardening, routine health maintenance, and more! Watch the video
- Preserving your Sanity: Tips and tricks for recipients, caregivers, and donors. Watch the video
- Financial Concerns when Living with a Transplant or Considering Donation: Healthcare costs, combined with time away from work, can become a major financial challenge. These planning tips, as well as information about transplant assistance programs, will help you ensure your affairs are in order. Watch the video
- View the talk shared by the Washington State Congressional Representative, the Honorable, Jaime Herrera Beutler: https://youtu.be/runqcWkCrY8?
- View the heartfelt closing speech from AST President, Dr. Ronald Gill: https://youtu.be/runqcWkCrY8?t
- View the 2017 Transplant Patient Summit archives
What can we do now?
Get out there and advocate! We've put together some information below to help you get started. Be sure to tune back regularly to check-out updates.
- Check out our Advocacy 101 documents
- Learn about what AST has been up to on Capitol Hill with our Washington Round-up
- Learn about AST position statements on current legislation
- Contact your representatives
If you have any questions, ideas, or would like to see additional information posted, please contact AST's Transplant Community Program Manager, Izabella D'Onofrio, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (856-316-6872).