The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN)/United Network of Organ Sharing (UNOS) Patient Affairs Committee is looking to fill some openings for its next appointment cycle, starting in July 2019. The Patient Affairs Committee meets monthly via web conference and twice a year in-person. The Committee advises the OPTN/UNOS Board of Directors and other committees about patient and donor family perspectives on OPTN/UNOS policies and initiatives that originate in other committees.
There are opening for the following regions in 2019:
- Region 2: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Northern Virginia
- Region 3: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Puerto Rico
- Region 4: Oklahoma, Texas
- Region 5: Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah
- Region 6: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
- Region 9: New York, Western Vermont
The committee is seeking the following, but anyone with interest is encouraged to apply:
- At least 1 heart recipient (or candidate)
- At least 1 additional living donor (doesn’t have to be kidney)
- At least 1 donor family member
- Organ Procurement Organization representative (preferably one with a patient perspective or a position that interacts directly with donor families, or does public education/outreach)
- Transplant coordinator (preferably one with a patient perspective who interacts with candidates or recipients on a regular basis; preferably candidates (pre-transplant) any organ
If you are interested in submitting your name for consideration, please visit the OPTN website to complete a biography form and confidentiality agreement. All applications are due by November 19.
Leave a Reply