The OPTN/UNOS Nominating Committee is seeking nominations for the 2019-2020 Board of Directors. Voting members of the Board of Directors are elected by a vote of the entire membership and serve as volunteers without compensation.
Individuals may self-nominate or nominate others by submitting a biography form.
The Nominating Committee will be taking nominations for the following open positions this year:
- Minority Transplant Professional Representative
- At-Large MD(s) – The Nominating Committee strongly encourages nominations from individuals practicing transplant medicine.
- At-Large (Other) – The Nominating Committee is actively seeking nominations from individuals working in other areas of transplant and procurement, particularly those serving as transplant program administrators and/or coordinators and those working in infectious disease. Also of interest are those involved with VCA transplantation.
- 3 Patient and Donor Affairs Representatives—Individuals must be one of the following:
-Organ donor or recipient family member
This year, the Nominating Committee is especially seeking nominees who have the following skill sets:
- Experience in corporate or non-profit governance
- Knowledge of healthcare finances and organizational financial planning
- Expertise in quality/process improvement and strategic planning
Deadline to apply: August 15, 2018
For full details and instructions to nominate, click here.